I've realized Faery just hit 10 000 hits! Wow! Thank you so much everyone for stopping by and reading! ;)
What I wanted to share with you today is a school project I've invested myself quite a lot in lately, and that is finally finished!
My inspiration: a duck. The Waterfowl duck. Image via Wikipedia
The project involved designing a dress that we would have to do the patterns for afterwards, putting into practice all of the patternmaking techniques we'd been learning for the past 2 years and testing our knowledge and understanding of garment construction. Then, we'd have to sew the garment and present it in a technical dossier.
Yes, you heard well, a technical dossier. But, me being me, I could not help myself and did a quick photoshoot with the dress... It just doesn't look the same on a dummy!
See first the technical photos, with an emphasis on the details:
I used this beautiful passementerie at the neckline, and a black ostrich feather along the shoulder seams
A full cape peplum
Cut-outs at the waist
... And here we go with the little photoshoot we threw together:
My lovely model is one of my dearest friends Helga, whom I thank soo much for bearing with me and my duck-inspired dress... ;)
Dress by me, vintage silk scarf
Tell me what you think, I'd love to hear your thoughts!
Have a great weekend...
[All content & photos are by me unless specified otherwise. I'm happy if you decide to copy and keep them in your computer as reference, or post them in your blog or anywhere you want. But you MUST put my name or a link to the blog somewhere, saying where you took them from. Not putting anything is in my opinion almost as bad as saying you took them yourself.]